One Talented Reader :)

My readers are a very talented bunch and I love seeing how you interpret my designs. Time doesn't allow me to share everyone's photo's and work but I do have one project I must share with you.
I have been corresponding with Jyoti on Facebook and she has been sharing progress of her version of my Chatelaine Sampler Quilt. You really have to see this quilt and shes kindly allowed me to share it with you.  But first, here's what Jyoti had to say about her quilt:

"I started making this quilt on 29th Jan 2017 with a challenge to myself that I will make a sampler quilt to hone my skills. In start it looked very simple but as I crossed first 10 blocks, the design started getting complicated and confusing.
I learnt a lot in the process and completed 77 blocks (each block sized 6 inch) to size my quilt 64 x 96 inches. 
The next challenge was of sashing and I wanted to add colours to highlight the blocks.
The binding is done by 1 inch of 2 fabrics (resulant is 1/2 inch) which were used in sashing.
Thanks a lot Threadbare Creations for allowing me to do this sampler quilt which I enjoyed a lot and I was satisfied as outcome of this work is awesome." 
Jyoti Maddh Ahuja
And here are Jyoti's finished sampler blocks:
Aren't they amazing? 77 little stunners!!! Seeing these made me want to run to the stash and start a whole new sampler in solids! Jyoti has definitely honed her skills with these beautiful blocks. She has chosen a gorgeous selection to showcase her sewing abilities in both piecing and foundation paper piecing. I love these colours soooo much and she has used them perfectly in each block, so each one is a little 6" masterpiece on its own.
Even her trimmings are pretty :) Her sashing choice was both bold and effective and it works so well! The two tones of orange frame the blocks perfectly and as the quilt top grew, I loved it more and more, if that's even possible.
Don't the sashings look great? They are simple, striking and oh so clever and they compliment the blocks perfectly without overpowering them.
Ta da! Jyoti's finished quilt top. Stunning ♥  Just stare for awhile and take it all in :)
I was so proud of her and I know how much work goes into this quilt so its fantastic to know she was thrilled with the end result. Its really hard to describe how happy I felt when I saw the completed top but I can tell you, my jaw dropped :)
Jyoti quilted the top herself and quilted in the ditch of the blocks and last week I received the photos of it all finished and bound:
Perfection ♥ and look at the intricacy of that binding! Its made from 1" strips of the two sashing fabrics, so clever!  I'm sure Jyoti and her family will treasure this quilt for years to come.
I'm so happy that my pattern has helped Jyoti and many others, learn some new techniques and has given them the confidence to attempt blocks they might not have before. It makes my heart happy to know that by simply sharing a block a week for umpteen weeks, I've helped Jyoti, in a small way, make this masterpiece.
Jyoti knows I'm proud of her but I'm sure she would love to hear your thoughts on her achievement as well. I know what a supportive bunch of readers you are so please leave her a comment. She deserves a huge pat on the back for this stunning quilt :)
Thanks for sharing your progress with me Jyoti. I have enjoyed our inbox chats and loved watching your quilt grow. I hope it brings you years of comfort and happiness and I can't wait to see what projects you make in the future :)
The free patterns for my Chatelaine Sampler Quilt can be found HERE.
Happy sewing :)

12 comments

  1. That is truly amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that quilt is amazingly beautiful and the frame for each block, is simple and yet complex looking. You should be very proud of yourself Jyoti, that is one stunning quilt. Rose you are a very kind person to share such great blocks. Take care both of you ladies. Guida

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pragtig!!! Lieflike kleure!!!!♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have known Jyoti through our common FB group. She is a new quilter and has made wonderful progress very fast. She has a great eye for colour. I am hoping to meet her some time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A truly stunning quilt! What a masterpiece! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUNNING! such a play with the colours, well done!

    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊